In the era of digitalisation, everyone is connected through the internet. Following the ongoing trend, our government authorities have always tried to have maximum use of this new technology and to go hand in hand with upcoming technologies.
One such initiative recently launched is “mAadhaar” (a mobile-based interface) which comes under ‘Digital India’ initiative. The app is developed by Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) that carries demographic information like name, date of birth, gender and address with the user’s photograph and is linked with one’s Aadhaar number.
A tweet from an official account reads “LAUNCHING #mAadhaar- Carry your Aadhaar on your Mobile. The android app from UIDAI is now available on Google Play.” The app is currently available for Android users only and can be downloaded from play store. Some features of the app are stated below:
- The app has a biometric locking/unlocking feature to secure the personal data in which when the user can lock or unlock Aadhaar Biometric, Once resident enables Biometric Locking system their biometric remains locked till the user again choose to unlock it.
- A registered mobile number is mandatory for availing the benefit of this app. In case if you have not registered your mobile number with Aadhaar, visit the nearest Enrollment Centre or Mobile Update End Point.
- It comes with a “TOTP generation” (Time-based One-Time Password) process which can be used instead of SMS based OTP.
- Sharing of QR code and eKYC data by Aadhaar Number holder can be done with the help of the app.
- The Aadhar profile can be updated and downloaded using the app.
Only beta-version of the app is available for now and many services will be updated later for the better experience.