Punjab Government recently took a big step towards the development of Punjab by signing an MoU with Reliance Jio for getting access to unlimited free WiFi. This MoU is designated to offer the service of free WiFi to all the State run engineering colleges and polytechnics as well as Industrial training institutes.
Details of the MoU signed :
The technical education minister, Charanjeet Singh Channi mentioned the following important points regarding the MoU signed :
- Entire cost of the hardware as well as of setting up the infrastructure in all the institutes will be bore by Reliance Jio itself.
- The prime purpose of setting up this WiFi will be to help the students with their academics.
- The cost of electricity required for this purpose will also be bore by Reliance Jio.
- It is also destined to increase the use of cashless and digital transactions.
- All the restricted websites will be primarily blocked by Jio.
- The institutes have also been informed to arrange space for this facility.
- Further, they are also advised to look after the safety of the proposed WiFi service.
This initiative is believed to make a grand step in the development of Punjab.
For other telecom related news, visit Latest Mobile Plans