Now that the rollout of the MIUI 9 to the eligible devices is almost over, we can expect the soon launch of its next-generation MIUI custom ROM, MIUI 10. The company is now working on it and now in the recent news, the company has released a list of 40 devices including both smartphones and tablets from the company which will receive the MIUI 10 update this year. However, for the smartphones released back in 2012 such as the Xiaomi Mi 2, Mi 2S, Mi 4i, Mi Note, Redmi Note 4G, Redmi 2 and Redmi 2 Prime, Xiaomi won’t be releasing the update. Therefore, the fact to be noted duly, Xiaomi will rollout the MIUI 10 update to the devices which were launched in 2013 and later.
The following devices will be eligible to receive the MIUI 10 update:
- Xiaomi Mi MIX 2, MI MIX, upcoming Mi MIX 2S
- Xiaomi Mi 6, Mi 5S Plus, Mi 5S, Mi 5, Mi 5X, Mi 4S, Mi 4C, Mi 4, Mi 3
- Xiaomi Mi Note 3, Mi Note 2
- Xiaomi Mi Max 2, Mi Max Prime, Mi Max,
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 5A, Redmi Note 4X, Redmi Note 4, Redmi Note 3, Redmi Note 3 Pro/Prime, Redmi Note 2, Redmi Note 4G Prime,
- Xiaomi Redmi 5, Redmi 5 Plus, Redmi 5A, Redmi Y1, Redmi Y1 Lite, Redmi 4, Redmi 4X, Redmi 4 Prime, Redmi 4, Redmi 4A, Redmi Pro, Redmi 3S Prime, Redmi 3S, Redmi 3, Redmi 3X
- Mi Pad 3, Mi Pad 2, Mi Pad
However, Xiaomi won’t be releasing the MIUI 10 based on Android 8.0 Oreo update for all its smartphones. Many other devices will be receiving the update based on the older iterations of the operating system. Stay tuned for regular updates.